ABOUT CONVENTIONAL LOANS
Conventional loans are mortgages that are not insured or guaranteed by any government agency. In general, conventional loans are the most popular option for borrowers looking to purchase or refinance a home due to their fixed rates and consistent monthly payments. Conventional loan programs include 10-, 15-, 20-, and 30-year fixed rate mortgages. For borrowers looking for a conventional loan with an adjustable rate, ARM products are also available.
WHY GET A CONVENTIONAL LOAN?
- Put down as little as 5% for fixed rate products
- 620 minimum credit score accepted
- Consistent payments simplify planning and budgeting
- Put down as little as 10% for ARM
- ARM loans may have lower monthly payments than fixed-rate loans